Thursday, November 30, 2006

Moved a few things

I had about 2 hours to work with before work so I brought one vanload of stuff from my old place (which is where I'm still living for a few more days) to the new place. Mostly storage-type-stuff so far (boxes and things). Stuff I don't need to live. That stuff (bed, desk, clothes, etc) will move on Tuesday, the first day that I have more than a couple consecutive hours at my disposal. I didn't pack anything, I just made a layer on the floor of the van. I don't think I'll pack anything at all for this move, since its only a few blocks away and I have a van to use anytime (as opposed to a rented truck).

In the process, I made a couple decisions. One is that I'll move into the apartment for now, not the house. The apartment has a fridge and stove ready to use, the house does not, and the house needs more work than the apartment does. I've got two roommates moving in with me in the house in a couple of months and living in the apartment will mean I'm not in my own way getting the preparations done.

The other is that I'm going to take care of that garage door ASAP, which will probably mean hiring someone. I have the skills to do it, but not the time. Originally I thought appliances for the house would be number one priority, but I've moved that back to a close second.

All for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home