Friday, December 01, 2006

Off with the wallpaper!

Here's some pictures of the anti-wallpaper project: (click)

100_0258Wow! The whole house is full of grandmother-style wallpaper, so I've kind of been dreading the fact that I'm going to have to get it all off. I've heard all the nightmares of how awful it can be to get it off, involving razor blades, putty knives, rented steaming equipment, and hours and hours of tedious labor. Today I went over to the house just to take some room measurements before going in to work (it was too rainy to try to move anything). I went into the smallest bedroom and just stopped to look at the wallpaper and noticed a corner had come loose from the wall, so I decided to just give it a tug to see what would happen. Off came a whole section of paper! So I kept going, and in half an hour I had the room totally stripped to bare sheetrock with my bare hands. Wow! Cool!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY for you! the pics you sent are so great!

December 06, 2006 9:54 AM  
Blogger Paul Dame said...

wow, that musta really made you feel like a man; just using "bare hands" and "sheetrock" in the same sentance.
You get today's manly award of approval.

December 10, 2006 9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home