Sunday, February 17, 2008

Wood Stove!

(Click here for the pictures). My house has an uninsulated room on the back which until now has been essentially unused because it is too cold in winter and too hot in summer to be comfortable. But I hosted a New Year's Eve party and the organizer of the party (I was just providing the venue) talked me into collecting enough space heaters to make use of the extra room for the night. With tons of plastic and 60 amps worth of heaters we managed to get the room up to a reasonable temperature after a few hours but it cost about $60 in electricity for one night. But it was so much fun to have that extra 300 square feet of space (and a cool room too) that I decided that somehow I must add heat. The simplest (and most fun) economical solution seemed to be a wood stove, so I got one and it is awesome! It is a Hearthstone stove for 16" logs. I didn't know how awesome Hearthstone stoves were until I got this one (used, found it in the classifieds) but I'm now convinced that its pretty much the best stove made.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home